Sole Elliptical Trainers Review
A Review of Sole Fitness Ellipticals & Where To Find Them At A Discount
Sole elliptical trainers are manufactured and sold directly through Sole Fitness.
Sole has been making treadmills for the hotel market for over 20 years and make some of the best treadmills on the market today (they are the preferred treadmill used by Hilton hotels).
A few years ago they expanded into the elliptical market and created several extremely popular high end home elliptical trainers.
Ranging from $999 to $1699, these ellipticals offer a great alternative for those who want the quality of a commercial gym elliptical without the commercial price tag.
1) Longer 20″ Stride – All Sole ellipticals are built with a 20″ stride length (stride is basically the furthest distance between the pedals during the elliptical motion).
Many cheaper ellipticals offer stride lengths of only 14 or 16″. The larger 20″ stride works a larger range of leg muscles – so you burn more calories and get a more effective workout.
The longer stride also feels more comfortable – especially for taller users and those who really like to pick up the pace.
2) Properly Aligned Footpads – When you use an elliptical the natural alignment of your body is thrown off no matter how close the footpads are. This can cause stress on your joints and even pain after your workout.
Sole footpads were specially engineered to have a slight inward angle of two degrees.
This angle actually helps to puts your body back into a neutral alignment throughout the elliptical motion. It protects your back, knees, ankles and hips. This can mean more comfortable workouts – or even longer workouts while avoiding the stress on your joints.
3) Heavy Duty 23-29 lb Flywheels For Smoother Ride – With ellipticals, the heavier the flywheel, the smoother the ride. Sole uses some of the heaviest flywheels at this price point: 23 – 29 lbs. (Just to give you an idea, Horizon ellipticals are similar in price point and use 14-16 lb flywheels.)
This gives a much smoother feeling ride without the ‘bumps’ sometimes felt on cheaper models.
4) Adjustable Pedals with Angle Adjustment – Everyone has a unique walk and Sole machines account for this. You can tailor your elliptical feel with the adjustable pedals (3 settings).
And the E55 and E95 come with something completely different – a foot pedal angle adjustment. You dial in the heel-toe angle that’s most comfortable for you. This is something you won’t find on any other brand..
5) Incline Ramp For Better Crosstraining – All Sole models now come with incline – a feature that used to be found only on $3000 Precor units.
Incline (not the same as resistance) lets you change the slope of your elliptical motion. So you crosstrain different muscle groups.
This again, gives you a more effective workout and helps avoid overtraining or exercise plateaus. Plus all Sole models offer power incline – which means you just press a button to adjust the incline.
6) Built In Speakers with iPod / MP3 Port – All ellipticals come with built-in speakers and iPod / mp3 ports. You can plug in your iPod and listen to your favorite tunes or audiobook while working out. Not a necessary feature but still a popular one that can make your workout a lot more enjoyable.
7) Excellent Warranties – with 2 Years on Service – With a lifetime warranty on the frame, 5 years on the parts and electronics and 2 years on service, this is one of the best elliptical warranties in the business and tells you something about the quality of construction.
The 2 years on service is exceptional and can save you quite a bit of money in the long run.
Summary: Highly Recommended
These are large, impressive machines. And the new Sole ellipticals for this year have even gone above and beyond last years models. You get comfortable, ergonomic design with a longer stride length, properly aligned footpads, adjustable angled footpedals, incline capability, extra heavy flywheels and extra long warranties.
These ellipticals definitely give you high value for your money. They’re a great alternative to commercial ellipticals like Precor or LifeFitness.
Bottom Line: Watch out Precor. High Quality For A Much Cheaper Price.
Where To Buy At A Discount:
You can buy Sole ellipticials at a discount direct from the Manufacturer. They’re offering Free Shipping right now, plus you may also save on sales tax in most States.