All Content on this website is Copyright to EllipticalTrainerReview.com - Nordic Track A.C.T. Elliptical Trainer Reproduction in whole or in part without express written permission is prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted.
Nordic Track A.C.T. Elliptical
What To Know Before You Buy
1) Dual Side Flywheel Design Gives A More Comfortable Workout - You may have noticed this design in many of the high end commercial elliptical trainers. It's a trend that is slowly creeping into the residential elliptical market.
The main advantage to this design is that it places your body a little more upright on the machine. You don't have to lean as much to reach the handlebars - which can give you a more effective workout.
Plus the foot pedals are placed slightly closer together so it may feel more comfortable and natural than front or back flywheel models.
2) 3 Position Adjustable Stride - Choose From 18, 20 and 22" - Adjusting the stride length of your elliptical allows you to work different muscles, which can help you see results faster. Strides can be adjusted between 18", 20" or 22".
The 22" is the one of the longest strides you can find on an elliptical trainer and is great for taller users to get an optimal workout. Plus having the different stride lengths to choose from makes this a great elliptical for families or multiple users as everyone can choose the stride that suits them best.
3) iPod Port With Built In Sound System - You can plug your iPod or MP3 player into the built-in audio jack and listen to your favorite music through the premium speakers built into the console. This alone can make your workouts a lot more enjoyable.
4) iFit LIVE - iFit LIVE connects your elliptical to the Internet using the wireless in your home. From there you can download new workouts from personal trainer Jillian Michaels (from "The Biggest Loser), track your fitness results with the online food and activity log and map out new routes to cover using Googlemaps. With iFit LIVE you always have something new to do.
5) Blue Blacklit Console - While some cheaper ellipticals come with a hard-to-read nonbacklit console the ACT uses a bright blue backlit console. This makes it easy to see your workout stats, regardless of the lighting in your workout area.
6) Compact To Save Space - Because of the two side flywheel design the Nordic Track A.C.T. elliptical is more compact than the standard single flywheel ellipticals. It's a little longer than half the length of traditional ellipticals. So it's great if you want a higher end elliptical that doesn't take up much space.
If you don't have wireless internet in your home, you won't be able to get full use out of the iFit LIVE (there's still 26 different workouts already built in so this may not matter to you.)
The Nordic Track A.C.T. elliptical carries a lot of features that you won't find on other machines. The main one is the dual side flywheel design for added comfort during your workout. Plus you get 3 different stride lengths to optimize your workout and train different muscle groups.
The icing on the cake is all the fun stuff that can make your workouts even more enjoyable: iPod dock with console speakers, iFit LIVE and 26 built-in personal trainer workouts. If you can get it at the sale price above, you're getting a bargain.
Where To Buy At A Discount:
You can get the new 2012 Nordic Track A.C.T. direct from the Manufacturer. You can also currently get Free Shipping which will save you about $150.